I have been nominated for a Liebster blog award! I’m not really sure what that is, but I’m happy that someone thought of me! Thank you very much to One Fit Mama for the nomination. You should check out her blog about her quest for health and her training for a bikini competition. (Sorry I am so late to respond, but this is seriously long to fill out).
Here’s the rules about how the Liebster blog award works:
THE RULES 1. The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves 2. The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver 3. The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer 4. These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award 5. They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
My 11 Fun Facts:
- I can’t do a cartwheel. I kind of do a weird throwing my legs up and over in the air that vaguely resembles a cartwheel. I’m hoping this will eventually evolve into a cartwheel, because I think that’s a cool life skill.
- I can totally do a pull-up though! My record is six pull-ups in a row, which is pretty neat because I never used to be able to do them, not even in kindergarten when everyone else could do 20 or more.
- I love sales and selling and fundraising. I also love coaching people about how to be better at these things, so if you need this skill, let me know!
- I am the laziest cook ever. I make all my food at the same time on the weekend and just eat the same stuff over and over so I have more time for other things.
- I currently have a bunch of cool nicknames, including “Sparkly bacon” and “Muscles.”
- My favorite poet is Rainier Maria Rilke. Read Sonnets to Orpheus. Your life will be better for it.
- I wear size 9 and half shoes, but I’m definitely more of a barefoot kind of girl.
- Currently my favorite pole move is the superman. I like it because there are a bunch of things you can do to get out of it
- I read a lot. Fiction, books about non-profits, books about sales, books about how to chase men (give me a break, I want a happy relationship someday and I need all the help I can get!) creative non-fiction books, poetry, classics, and whatever novels happen to be popular at the moment.
10. I struggle to write these kinds of facts about myself.
11. I love anything random and new that makes life bigger, bolder, and more interesting.
11 Questions from One Fit Mama
1. How long has it taken you so far to fill this award nomination out? (I’m going on 30 minutes personally) About 35 minutes.
2. Can you swim? I love swimming! I used to be on the swim team in high school, but I was never very good at it.
3. Favorite drink? Water, with tea as a close second. I’m kind of boring when it comes to drinks.
4. Do you use any sports supplements? Which ones? Why? No, because I’m too lazy to do any research and I would rather spend the money on private pole lessons with Estee.
5. We’re going to count number 4 as 3 questions so… let’s make this easy. What’s your favorite number? 7? I don’t have a lot of preferences about numbers…
6. Favorite Color? I’m quite partial to sage green.
7. How many people follow your blog? (cause I have no idea how you tell… to get this less than 200 requirement thing… i’m winging it) 54, so Miss One Fit Mama, you are well within your criteria.
8. What is your most popular post (you can find out on your stats page)? Most popular so far has been “Three Things I Wish I had Known Before Starting Pole.”
9. What was your first job? Newspaper journalist.
10. Do you know anyone that is hiring? (hey, I need a job) Not so much…good luck though!
11. Most played song on your ipad, ipod, phone, radio, cd player, record player, cassette player, whatever kind of music you listen to? Gunpowder and Lead, by Miranda Lambert. I’m sure that song will soon be replaced by 1940, by the Submarines since I’m pretty sure that’s the song for my next routine. Out of non-performance music, probably Shine On by Eric Bibb or Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.
7 other awesome bloggers who I am nominating (Not 11, because I don’t read 11 blogs… how much time do these award people think I have???):
- Normative Narratives
- Jump for Joy
- The Legal Ballerina
- Whole WOD World
- Ascending Slowly
My Questions for said awesome bloggers:
- What is a good life?
- What is your favorite blog post?
- Where do you go to relax?
- Best place to travel?
- Favorite flower
- Five items on your bucket list
- Why blog?
- Best piece of advice?
- Fate or chance?
10. Favorite way to be upside down?
11. What word would you want people to use to describe you?