Here is my ultimate pole dance day (when I’m not in school my days can actually look like this! It’s happened before!) You can read about other people’s pole days by clicking here.
- Wake up, drink three glasses of water, make tea, make breakfast (three eggs, lots of vegetables, and half a piece of bacon), do that funky yoga lion pose and breathe, take a cold shower. Cold showers are awesome! They wake you up and they are good for your circulation. Also, your shower will be shorter and won’t require energy to heat it up, so it’s much more environmentally friendly.
- Do some headstands and handstands before going to work.
- Bike to work, which is environmentally friendly and saves cash to be used for pole dance! Pole is a much better use of money than gas and car maintenance.
- Work hard at work and drink a gallon of water during the day. Stare at the goals board on my cubicle wall, which includes a number of pole related goals. Eat a healthy nutritious lunch that I made over the weekend.
- Come home, make a quick dinner, and watch a few pole dance videos on YouTube. Do more head and hand stands. Go to pole or flexibility or conditioning classes for two hours and work hard. Smile through the class, even when it’s really hard.
- If I’m lucky, it might be partner stretching night with the incomparable Harper!
- Write stuff for this blog. Read some other really good pole blogs.
- Go to sleep early. Sleep is really important to success in pole and life.