Top posts on Pole Dance Competition in 2013 by number of page views, from most to least.
- Three Things I Wish I Would Have Known Before Starting Pole. In this post, I outlined some things that would have made my pole progression happen faster, such as by taking more “before” videos and photos.
- How Not to Train Flexibility. I discuss some really important components of flexibility training to prevent injury and be more successful in your training.
- Fuck Loving Your Body. I argue that self esteem is over-rated, and that there are better ways to spend your time and energy. This might be my all time favorite blog post.
- Natasha Wang on Competing. Pole super star Natasha Wang shares some of her competition secrets. A must read for anyone who aspires to compete in pole at any level.
- How to know when you are ready to try pole dance. A blog post especially for the folks who kind of want to try pole but still haven’t taken the plunge.
- Social Media in Pole Dance- Get off Your Ass and Into Your Studio. This post suggests that actually practicing pole is more effective than reading Tweets about pole.
- 10 Ways to Afford Pole. Everyone knows that pole isn’t cheap. This article gives some suggestions about how to afford it- but be warned they are mostly big, hard to make changes.
- On Being Obese. Obesity is not a disease, regardless of what the American Medical Association thinks. This article explains why.
- Bear Cubs, the Wall Street Journal, and Pole Dance. What do these things have in common? Read here to find out.
- Finishing. Keeping your dance clean and moving through your moves is critical to a successful dance performance. Here’s why.
To read more about the best of pole dance, check out the blog hop!