Pretty much everyone who pole dances sooner or later has to explain that pole dancing is. Here are some of my favorite ways to describe what I do. What are yours?
- It’s a cross between gymnastics and contemporary dance.
- Pole combines contortion and dance.
- Pole is a way to tell stories by combining strength movements and more traditional dance movements
- Pole is type of exercise or fitness regimen
- Pole is dancing, but you incorporate a vertical bar.
- Pole is a sport that’s judged in a similar fashion to gymnastics, figure skating, or martial arts.
- Pole is so much fun! Come try a class with me so you can see what it is!
- Hmmm… You should Youtube Oona Kivela, Natasha Wang, Jenyne Buttefly….etc.