Before you actually read through the steps to see if pole dancing is NOT for you, I would recommend actually trying a few different pole dance classes, with honest intent to see what it’s all about instead of an agenda to prove. If you are scared, read this first.
Once you’ve tried it out, you can read this list to see if pole dance is definitely not for you.
1. You want to invert and do difficult tricks without being willing to put in the hours of training first.
2. You refuse to face your fears, and are unwilling to take any risks.
3. You watch pole showcases or competitions and make comments like “she didn’t deserve to win” or “I would’ve been better than that.” This is a community, and there is absolutely no room in our sport for that kind of cattiness.
4. You just want a fun sport where you don’t really need to do any cross training.
5. You want to judge how sexy you are compared to others, and don’t really understand that pole can be more than sexy and that you should be supportive instead of judgmental of others.
6. You hate bruises.
7. You are afraid to ask for help.
If there’s anything I missed, add it in the comments!